Monday, July 23, 2018

St Tropez Classic Untinted Self Tanner Mousse




I have been trying out various different self tanner mousses. If you have been a subscriber/reader for a while you will have seen my review on the Sally Hansen Sunless Tanner. The results of that one were nice but I wanted a little more color. I also wanted it to last longer than 3 days.


So I decided to try out the St Tropez Untinted Classic Self Bronzing Mousse. It is usually more on the expensive side with the 6.7 fl oz bottle costing around $44 in retail stores. Now I (being the thrifty person that I am) found a bottle that was barely used on Poshmark for only $14 so I decided to try it out. And I finally broke down and bought an actual mitt from Ulta so we're really getting fancy now!

I applied it in the same way as in my previous blog review but I will tell you my self tanning routine in case anything has changed.

  1. I take a shower before I am going to get into bed but I do not wash my hair because if it is wet while the tan is developing and drips on your skin then the tan won't develop evenly.
  2. I use a body scrub or some Epsom salt and I exfoliate my whole body, paying extra special attention to my elbows, knees, ankles and feet.
  3. Then I shave everything! Well I don't shave my arms, but everything else. If you are not a full body shaver like me, your legs only will do just fine! It's all about preference.
  4. When I get out of the shower I pat myself dry with the towel. I let myself air dry the rest of the way until there is not more drops of water on me. Then I put on some thick body butter on my spots that I extra exfoliated.
  5. I use my mitt to apply my tanner evenly. This tanner does not have a color guide which threw me off a bit at first but I got used to it. I start with my calves and work my way up from there, only applying tanner to my elbows, knees and ankles when there is very little product on my mitt.
  6. When I am finished applying tanner I stand in front of a fan and wait for it to dry and then I put on a big t-shirt and baggy pants and go to bed for the night.
  7. When I wake up I jump in the shower and wash the rest of the tanner off and I am left with a beautiful, golden tan.

Here is my before and after pictures:





































I LOVE the results of this tanner! Plus I can get 5 days easily out of it before it even starts to fade!!


No comments:

Post a Comment