Thursday, June 1, 2017

Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun Tanner Review



I decided to try out the new Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun self tanner. I have tried the Jergens self tanner before and was not happy with the color pay off and that the tanner faded off in patches in less than 3 days. I saw a review on this tanner on Youtube and decided to try it.

I bought it at Walgreens and it was $14.99. Not too bad for a drug store self tanner but not cheap. They only had medium and dark so I bought medium.

I am very fair skinned, especially on my legs. But I just love the look of tanned legs. It makes them look so much more slimmed and defined.

Here is how I look without any tanner on.






So I didn't get to purchase a mit because nothing local to me sells them. I would have to drive to a Sephora or an Ulta to get them and we are talking like over 30 minutes to drive there one way! So on Pinterest I found this hack. Cover your hand with a grocery bag and then turn a really soft sock inside out and put it over top of the bag. And you have a mit!








The way I prep prior to applying self tanner is I take a shower and exfoliate my whole body but paying extra attention to my elbows, wrists, knees, ankles and feet. Then I put a heavy, creamy lotion on those areas only.

Then I pump 2 pumps at a time onto the mit and apply it to my body. I start from my legs and go up. I apply it in circular motions, avoiding my joints until I have almost nothing left on my mit and then going over those areas.


Now the color guard on this one scared me a bit because it is very gray. I really thought I was going to turn out gray! But I didn't.

When I got done applying this I waited about 5 minutes and it was dry. I did reapply it to my legs for a second layer because my legs are so much paler than my arms and I wanted them to match.

I put on some baggy pajamas and went to bed for the night. When I woke up in the morning I took a quick shower just to wash off the guard. I just used my normal gel body wash and a loofah.

And here you can see my after pictures!



I absolutely love the results! It looks so natural and like a sun kissed glow! I would definitely recommend this to anyone! I will be repurchasing it in the future!

If you enjoyed this blog review please do me a favor and follow using e-mail notifications for when I release new blogs! You can do that from the link on the right hand side of the page. Thanks and have a beautiful day!

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm always afraid of being splotchy with self-tanners (it's happened before). I've never thought about putting on before bed either as I usually shower in the morning. I am going to try that though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the before and after pictures! I really like the results of this tanner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the result, looks so natural! Sally Hansen has the best products. Never use self tanner before I may going to try this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely try this product. I live in Florida and definitely need some color because I stay out of the sun as much as possible! Go figure...

    Beth || www.TheStyleBouquet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out really well! That is perfect to look great for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garbage bag and sock trick is such a good hack! I've done it before once while traveling and it worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to get some of this and try it!!! I hate to not use up the sunless tannign product I alread have, but after your stellar review of this product, and having seen it in person, how natural and awesome it looks, it is worth tossing the other aside to try this!!! Thanks for the GREAT TIPS in your review! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete