Monday, May 8, 2017

DIY Mother's Day Bracelet



I decided to make my step mom a bracelet for Mother's Day this year. I got all of the "ingredients" at Hobby Lobby where it was all half off! This is what I got. Because it was half off I only spent $11.98!

I cut off a piece of the elastic thread about double the length that I wanted. Later on I decided that I wanted to double it up to make the bracelet stronger. 




I took everything out of the packages and separated it all. I started to set it all up in a pattern.





And strung it on the thread.





It wasn't long enough so added more.







Then I decided that I didn't like how clumped together it looked so I added an extra pearl between each rose gold bead. This is the finished pattern.






I then knotted it. It is really difficult to show knotting with just pictures so I am going to link to the Youtube video that I learned to knot from here. I did also add a drop of super glue to the knot as well. Be sure to hold the 

end beads apart while the 
knot dries so they don't glue 
together.




Trim the ends and you are done!
















I decided to make a second one to match with the leftover beads.






Thanks for watching this tutorial and if you enjoyed this please do me a favor and subscribe to e-mail notifications for when I release new blogs! You can do that from the link on the right hand side of the page. Please comment with any thoughts or suggestions or if you would like to see more blogs like this one! Thanks and have a beautiful day!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I was shocked to see this was not store bought! Brilliant idea, I will surely give it a try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! My sister loves making arts and crafts and I definitely have to show her this. She's been racking her brain trying to come up with a gift for mother's day for our mom and this will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bracelets! I used to make my own jewelry it was such a fun way to be creative. Maybe I'll get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bracelet turned out absolutely gorgeous. What a great idea, I am going to try something similar for my daughters birthday, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and informative, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make these with my daughters all the time! Great use of pictures!

    ReplyDelete