Yes, I have been gone for quite a while but I am still alive and kicking! I will, in future posts, explain what has kept me away but for today we are talking about one of the many tricks that I have found to have nice things and get them for cheap! That's right, money saving tips!
If there is one thing that my family knows about me it is that I am good at finding expensive things for a cheaper price. Or taking something old and making it look new again, but more about this later as well! I am just so good at it that I think everyone should know my tips and tricks so this will be a series of blogs! And today we start with a website/app called Poshmark! Now just to clear the air, I am not sponsored by or influenced by Poshmark in anyway, shape or form! Now that that is out of the way, here we go!
Poshmark is an app/website that you can buy and sell used or new items, sort of like an online thrift store. You can find items anywhere from home decor to makeup to skincare to clothing and shoes. You can choose to buy with money from a bank account or credit card or, my personal preference, you can sell items on the site and you get basically like store credit to purchase other things on the site with. You can choose to request a check for the amount that you sold items for as well.
Tips for selling items successfully:
- Be truthful about the condition of your items! If you live in a home where smokers are, don't say that it comes from a smoke free home. The buyer might be allergic to smoke. And if you have dogs or cats, make sure to list in the description so. The nice way to do it would be to say "Comes from a pet friendly home". And always explain what condition the item is in such as using terms like: "Some wear and tear", "Has a rip", "Tag is missing", etc.
- Accurately state the size/color/shade of your items! I had experienced this exact situation myself. Everyone that wears makeup knows that you don't buy a foundation that isn't your shade if you can help it. I am the lightest of the light in shade and I asked someone what the shade of an item was (because she didn't list it in her listing) and she said it was the lightest shade and it in fact was not. If this does happen to you, Poshmark has an ability for you to return the item if it is not as described and get your money back.
- Packaging goes a long way!Even if it is a bottle of shampoo, wrap it in something. I at least wrap everything in tissue paper. If it's makeup then wrap it extra good, or if it is breakable! Some people go as far as to wrap the items like a present with a bow and all. And the notes people leave as awesome. It can be something as simple as a sticky note saying thank you, or a thank you card with a hand written message. It's like you bought yourself a present!
- Ship items on time!When your item sells, Poshmark automatically sends you a shipping label. Ship your items out in a timely manner! If someone doesn't ship the item in 7 days it does give you the option to cancel the order, which I have done several times. But the faster you ship, the more people will want to come back to buy from you again!
Tips for buying items successfully:
- "Like" items and watch them!When you find an item that you like but aren't happy with the price you have a few options here. You can "like" the item and it will go into a sort of "wish list" and when/if the seller ever lowers the price it will notify you. Then you can snatch that item up at a bargain!
- Offer the seller a lower price!When you find an item you like there will be a button at the bottom that says "Offer". You can offer the seller a lower price for an item. Not all sellers will accept an offer but if it is an item that has been in their store a long time or they just want to get rid of it, then they may accept the offer!
- Bundling!Bundling is a great option for SO MANY reasons! The main one being that you can get around the $6.49 shipping on everything...sort of. If I find an item that I really want and it is a good price I will ALWAYS look at the other items in their shop to see if they may have something else that I want. The reason being that you can by multiple items from 1 shop for 1 shipping price, whereas if you buy 2 items from 2 different shops, you will pay for shipping on each item! This is my favorite way of saving money on Poshmark!
- Leave strong feedback!This goes the same with any site like this, such as Ebay. Leave strong feedback for each seller that you buy from. I had someone leave me 4 stars instead of 5 stars because "my packaging wasn't good enough". I wrapped it in tissue paper!!! It was a shirt!!
- "Accept" your items as soon as you receive them!!!I can't even explain how it drives me bonkers when I ship an item to someone and the tracking says they have received it, but they haven't "accepted" the item. What I mean by that is there is this feature to Poshmark that is made to protect the buyer. It will not release the money for the item to the seller until you click on "Accept item" meaning that you have received it and it is in the condition stated in the listing. I under stand waiting a day...or even two. But when you have obviously received it and it has been 3 days...really? But lucky for us sellers, Poshmark has made a feature to cover us. If the item has tracked as delivered to the address and the buyer hasn't released funds after 3 full days, they release the funds to you on the 4th day. I personally "accept" items the day they arrive at my home.
And this concludes my tips and tricks for using Poshmark to get the most for your money! Hope you all enjoy and please don't hesitate to comment any questions! You can Click Here to go to Poshmark.com to check it out for yourself! You can also Click Here to check out my shop!