I have been trying out various different self tanner mousses. If you have been a subscriber/reader for a while you will have seen my review on the Sally Hansen Sunless Tanner. The results of that one were nice but I wanted a little more color. I also wanted it to last longer than 3 days.
So I decided to try out the St Tropez Untinted Classic Self Bronzing Mousse. It is usually more on the expensive side with the 6.7 fl oz bottle costing around $44 in retail stores. Now I (being the thrifty person that I am) found a bottle that was barely used on Poshmark for only $14 so I decided to try it out. And I finally broke down and bought an actual mitt from Ulta so we're really getting fancy now!
I applied it in the same way as in my previous blog review but I will tell you my self tanning routine in case anything has changed.
- I take a shower before I am going to get into bed but I do not wash my hair because if it is wet while the tan is developing and drips on your skin then the tan won't develop evenly.
- I use a body scrub or some Epsom salt and I exfoliate my whole body, paying extra special attention to my elbows, knees, ankles and feet.
- Then I shave everything! Well I don't shave my arms, but everything else. If you are not a full body shaver like me, your legs only will do just fine! It's all about preference.
- When I get out of the shower I pat myself dry with the towel. I let myself air dry the rest of the way until there is not more drops of water on me. Then I put on some thick body butter on my spots that I extra exfoliated.
- I use my mitt to apply my tanner evenly. This tanner does not have a color guide which threw me off a bit at first but I got used to it. I start with my calves and work my way up from there, only applying tanner to my elbows, knees and ankles when there is very little product on my mitt.
- When I am finished applying tanner I stand in front of a fan and wait for it to dry and then I put on a big t-shirt and baggy pants and go to bed for the night.
- When I wake up I jump in the shower and wash the rest of the tanner off and I am left with a beautiful, golden tan.