Friday, May 12, 2017

DIY Sign For A Mother's Day Gift


I decided to do a DIY project as a Mother's Day gift for my mom this year. I bought my supplies at Hobby Lobby and most of it was on sale so I only paid $16 for the supplies! Here is everything that I needed for the project.



I painted the entire board with white matte paint.



It wasn't quite as opaque as I wanted it to be so I gave it another coat.


I then took the sanding block and sanded the edges and between the boards to give it a weathered look.



I sketched on the design that I was going to paint on in pencil so if I made a mistake (as I often do) I could erase it.




Using a very thin paint brush I painted on the design in black matte paint.





I glued the flowers on using Gorilla Super Glue and this project is done! I think it turned out super cute and I can't want to give it to my Mom on Mother's Day! Hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment