Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May Ipsy Bag


Just got my May Ipsy bag in today and couldn't wait to open it and do a review for you all!

First of all it came in this bag this month. I am not a fan of the bag this time around. It is cute but it is not my style and it feels like a very cheap plastic to me. My daughter is excited though because when I don't like my Ipsy bags she gets them.

The first thing that I pull out is this Global Beauty Care charcoal mask. It says that it is a 15 minute facial therapy deep cleansing mud based formula that unclogs pores and lifts away impurities and is for all skin types. I'll do a first impression/review on this item when I get to try it out.


The next item that I find is the Island Life eye shadow palette from Pacifica. It is a natural mineral eye shadow that is 100% vegan and cruelty free. It has 5 neutral shades and all shades are shimmer, no matte. 

I finger swatched the shades on my hand and find that the 3 lightest shades have almost no pigment at all. This palette will be going to my mom who has very little makeup 

experience so it will be good for her to play around with.









There is also a brush in this bag. It is by the brand Royal & Langnickel and it is the Precision Angled brush. This brush is super soft, it reminds me of the IT Cosmetics brushes because they are some of the softest brushes I have ever felt. This brush would be perfect for contouring the nose.



The fourth item is a matte lipstick by the brand tre'Stique in the shade Tuscan Wine. It is a beautiful berry shade. 




It is not long lasting or smudge free. It is the definition of a matte lipstick.





The last item int his bag is the Urban Decay Afterglow 8 hour powder highlighter in the shade Sin. I love the brand Urban Decay, I have several of their products. I haven't heard anyone talk
about their highlighters though. I finger swatched it and got almost no color payoff. It reminded me more of a shimmer eye shadow than a highlighter.





Overall I am less pleased with this Ipsy bag than I have ever been. Hopefully next month will be better.  If you would like to sign up for the monthly Ipsy bags you can do so through this link and I will get a bonus 250 points towards the rewards program! If you enjoyed this review please do me a favor and follow using e-mail notifications for when I release new blogs! You can do that by using the link on the right hand side of the page. Thanks and have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment