Friday, May 5, 2017

Purple Eye Look


Today I am doing a tutorial on this purple eye look. Without further adieu, here we go!



I am starting with my face makeup on and nothing else. And I am starting out on the right foot with an upside down picture of my eye primer that I used! I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I also dust a little RCMA No Color Powder over top to make the eye shadows blend over top easier.






Then I curl my lashes. 







I started out with this shade in the Morphe 35O palette and this SLMissGlam L34 Blend Beauty brush.





Now I am going to use this shade as a transition shade and blend this into the crease using small circles and windshield wiping motions.







Now I am going in with this shade of the same palette and this Wet n Wild brush.






Now I am taking this just in the
outer third to give it some depth.








Now I am taking this pinkish purple
shade in the Morphe 35B palette and this ELF Eyeshadow "C" brush.








I packed this shade onto the lid until I had the color payoff
that I was looking for to set and under tone for the top shade.











Now with the same brush I am taking
this medium purple shade from the same palette and packing on the outer half of the eye.











Now I am taking the dark purple shade directly below that with this Vera Mona brush and applying it to the outer third of the eyelid.





Using the same brush and L'Oreal
Infallible Eye Shadow pressed pigment in shade Purple Priority I first attempted to apply it by spraying my brush with some setting spray but I couldn't get it to apply across the lid, it just clumped up in one spot.





I then used my finger to apply the shadow and it applied much better this way.







I then took my favorite water line eye liner, the Maybelline Eyestudio using the brush that comes with it. I feel like when other people show a picture lining their water line they look so much more graceful than me.



And today I am trying out a new eye

liner. This is the Absolute New York Nano Liner.







And our wings are on!










I then took this shade in the Morphe

35O palette to highlight my inner corners.








I did step outside of my normal holy grail mascara and used my old favorite, the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. This is one eye done and one eye not.





I'll even let you in on a little trick of mine. To keep my mascara from bleeding throughout the day. I dust a little RCMA No Color Powder with a fluffy brush under my bottom eyelashes!




And here I am deciding what color lips to do with this look.










I decided on using the NYX
retractable lip liner in shade Sand Beige to line and fill in my lips.









And then I used the NYX Soft Matte Lip

Cream in shade San Paulo.






And here is the finished look! I absolutely look these colors with my blue eyes!  Thanks for watching this tutorial and if you enjoyed this please do me a favor and subscribe to e-mail notifications for when I release new blogs! You can do that from the link on the right hand side of the page. Please comment with any thoughts or suggestions or if you would like to see more blogs like this one! Thanks and have a beautiful day!



22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love that purple with your blue eyes, it looks great. And also, I love Urban Decay's primer potion, it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I love all the colors. My favorite is the eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really put so much effort on this tutorial. Very easy to follow with the instructions so clear. I love the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...that purple loos awesome on you with that red hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked at how well it went with my hair actually!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic and gorgeous. Blends well. And makes your eyes more expressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! Purple looks so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple eyeshadow made your eyes pop out. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the color of the eyeshadow! It's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love purple eye shadow! I like how this color really brings out the color in your eyes. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first time playing with purple!

      Delete
  10. I am always too scared to go bold with my makeup! I need to work on that, I love this look and you have a great tutorial here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my goal was to play with more colors!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful job you did. Your eyes just pop with color. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Really fabulous! I love how your eyes were emphasized by your make up tricks. Your tutorials are really of great help most specially to people like me who find putting on cosmetics pretty hard. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete